Wednesday 18 April 2012

Rant!

One of the most exciting things I did during Critical Literacy class was rant. I ranted about Bieber Fever and how this “disease” is getting more and more annoying as time passed by. It was a good experience overall. It was my first impromptu speech that I have to talk about something that I’ve always wanted to rant about.

What is a rant?

(n.) High-sounding language, without importance or dignity of thought; boisterous, empty declamation; bombast; as, the rant of fanatics.

(v. i.) To rave in violent, high-sounding, or extravagant language, without dignity of thought; to be noisy, boisterous, and bombastic in talk or declamation; as, a ranting preacher.

To rant, you have to find an issue you’re most passionate about or something you hate the most and how you’re so passionately annoyed by it. You have to be good at sarcasm and use your WIT. It sounds simple but it’s not. Prepare to be laugh at.. well, that’s the main purpose of a rant. So, get your brain moving and start to rant! You’d feel like a thousand tons weight has been lifted off your shoulder. Either rant on blogs or orally, it works both ways.

I found one video about this man who ranted about Justin Bieber and from my point of view, what he said is all true. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment